The OMB hearings to decide the fate of the proposed Hidden Quarry shall be held over eight consecutive weeks commencing 10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
The case AGAINST the quarry is VERY STRONG, and growing stronger with the CRC’s ongoing investment in science based research. With the community’s continued support we are very optimistic that the final decision will save Rockwood and the surrounding region from this unnecessary quarry that would,
- pollute the area’s water supply,
- create air and sound pollution,
- put residents and motorists at risk from dangerous blasting and increased truck traffic,
- disrupting the agricultural economy,
- impact species at risk and brook trout habitat
- put our homes and heritage building foundations at risk from blasting vibration
- and many other negative social and environmental impacts.