This is a meeting of high importance to our cause! Please attend – Let’s fill the Council Chamber!
Dr. Emil Frind, CRC’s Expert Hydrogeologist, to address GET Council:
“Uncertainties in the Modelling of the Impact of Hidden Quarry on the Groundwater.”
Dr. Frind’s presentation will be followed by a delegation from CRC asking Council for a serious commitment to STOP THE HIDDEN QUARRY.
Newsletter August 7, 2018 CRC’s expert, Dr. Emil Frind, to speak to GET Council – Monday, August 13 at 7 pm.
The OMB hearings to decide the fate of the proposed Hidden Quarry shall be held over eight consecutive weeks commencing 10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
The case AGAINST the quarry is VERY STRONG, and growing stronger with the CRC’s ongoing investment in science based research. With the community’s continued support we are very optimistic that the final decision will save Rockwood and the surrounding region from this unnecessary quarry that would,
- pollute the area’s water supply,
- create air and sound pollution,
- put residents and motorists at risk from dangerous blasting and increased truck traffic,
- disrupting the agricultural economy,
- impact species at risk and brook trout habitat
- put our homes and heritage building foundations at risk from blasting vibration
- and many other negative social and environmental impacts.
2nd Annual CRC Plant Sale – Saturday, May 19
Location: Remax Office in Rockwood at the lights!
Mark your calendars, volunteer, support!
Watch for details here!
ALERT! Come one, come all! We’re in the fast lane to the OMB Hearing!
Second OMB Pre-Hearing Conference on the Hidden Quarry
THURSDAY, April 5 at 10:30 am
GET (Guelph Eramosa Township Offices) 8348 Wellington Road 124
West of Brucedale, North of Rockwood
Two Important CRC Updates April 1, 2018.pdf